This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
$31.31/hr (multiple positions)
The first step to becoming Journeyman Lineman at PGE is to become a pre-apprentice!
The pre-apprentice program is a formal, structured training and on-the-job experience opportunity. Successful applicants who complete the program will be accepted into our line apprenticeship. During the program, you will learn to apply safe work practices while working on overhead and/or underground line construction maintenance crews while completing established competencies. You will work in all types of weather conditions and perform work at heights up to 90 feet, underground or in confined spaces.
Before you apply-
Please make sure you have the following documents to attach to your application:
- your high school diploma or GED
- proof of passing Math 60 (algebra) within the past 36 months (a transcript) or proof of completing a Math placement exam and being placed higher than Math 60 in the past 36 months (your test results.)
In addition, this position requires:
- A Valid driver’s license and demonstrated safe driving record
- A CDL Class A permit is required upon acceptance of employment; CDL Class A driver’s license required within three months of selection
- The demonstrated ability to lift over 50 pounds
- A passing score on the NJATC/ETA (National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee/Electrical Training Alliance) assessment. This test may be taken via PGE or another apprenticeship program sponsor. Scores are valid for 2 years.
- Ability to pass 2-day(s) pole yard mechanical skills assessment
- A Formal interview with hiring committee
- The desire to work in the field and enjoy working at heights
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland
Talent Acquisition Contact: