Starting Wage: $27.73/Hour
(Union Wage Scale $27.73 – $35.33)
Canby Utility is a municipal electric and water utility located in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon. We are currently recruiting for an Operations Specialist to join our team. Canby Utility serves a growing population of approximately 18,000 serving 7,800 electric meters, 5,500 water meters. We have two substations and our system is approximately 80-85% underground. This position is within a collective bargaining agreement as represented by IBEW Local 125.
The selected candidate must possess the required technical knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform all related duties to provide advanced support the electric and water distribution operations, including GIS mapping, work orders, warehouse duties, scheduling, and managing inventory. Typical responsibilities include:
• Prepare, generate, maintain and/or complete work orders, track time, materials, labor and expenses.
• Maintain the utility system’s GIS mapping database using information from drawings and field data. Ensure accuracy of maps using the ESRI format. Experience with ArcGIS mapping is a plus.
• Have a thorough knowledge of the inventory components used in electric and water distribution projects and monitor inventory to ensure adequate stock on hand.
• Assisting in annual budgeting processes. Track and maintain departmental budget expenditures.
• Perform warehouse duties when needed, as well as operation of a forklift and other equipment to receive deliveries.
The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Geographical Information Systems, or related technical degree program. Relevant experience and training may substitute for a degree. A valid driver’s license is required and must be proficient in computer software applications such as Microsoft Office and Excel. Please see the job description for a complete list of duties, experience, and qualifications for the position.
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account, and 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Canby Utility pays 95% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.
Visit our website at www.canbyutility.org for a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application. You may also contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 312, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1265 SE 3rd Avenue, Canby, OR 97013.
Canby Utility is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate based on any protected classes. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable the individual to perform the essential duties and meet the essential requirements of this position. Reasonable accommodations are evaluated on an individual basis in accordance with applicable law. For more information or if you believe you need a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources.
Applications accepted until filled. First review of applications received will be on October 27, 2021.