Canby Utility, a municipal electric and water utility located in the northern Willamette Valley, just 30 minutes south of Portland, Oregon, is looking to hire a journeyman lineman to join our team. Canby Utility serves a population of approximately 17,000 with 7,700 electric meters, owns two substations, is approximately 85% underground, and is a full requirements customer of the Bonneville Power Administration.
The applicant must possess the required knowledge, skills, physical abilities, and competencies to perform all related duties associated with being journeyman lineman including construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground electric distribution system facilities; substation experience is a plus.
- Journeyman Lineman card
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Hot Stick experience
- Proficiency in operating line equipment and tools used in construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead and underground power lines
- Ability to meet the physical demands typical for the position, with or without accommodation
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical capacity screening by a licensed medical professional or physical therapist, drug test, criminal background check, and acceptable driving history verified through Department of Motor Vehicles and DOT Clearinghouse
- Must have a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269 safety rules and regulations
Canby Utility offers an excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, Oregon PERS/Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP), monthly contribution to the employee’s VEBA account, and 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans. Canby Utility pays 95% of the employee and family medical, dental, and vision premium costs, and the employee’s 6% contribution portion of PERS.
For a complete job description, Veteran’s Preference, and application visit our website at www.canbyutility.org or contact Barbara Benson by calling 503-266-1156 x 312, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1265 SE 3rd Avenue, Canby, OR 97013.
Applications accepted until filled.