SPRINGFIELD UTILITY BOARD IS RECRUITING FOR A LINEMAN.
Journeyman Lineman is preferred. Final Step Apprentice will be considered.
Electric Service Center
Line Superintendent with crew leadership from the Line Foreman
IBEW Local 659
Non-Exempt / Union / Full-Time / 40 hours a week / M - F / 8:00 – 4:30
Final Step Apprentice wage: $43.88/hr ($44.98/hr effective 05/01/19)
Journeyman Lineman wage: $48.75/hr ($49.97/hr effective 05/01/19)
Friday, March 22, 2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Position is open until filled. Applications received by 5:00 pm on Friday, May 10, 2019 will be given full consideration.
Applications received after 5:00 pm on May 10, 2019 will be held until we complete our first round of interviews. If a candidate is hired during the first round of interviews, the posting will close and no further applications will be reviewed. If a candidate is not hired during the first round of interviews, we will extend our consideration date.
PRIOR TO APPLYING, PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION
LOCATED ON OUR WEBSITE AT http://www.subutil.com/jobs/
Listed in the job description are the duties and responsibilities of the position,
the required minimum qualifications, and the physical and mental requirements
- Prior experience working in an electric utility preferred
- A Final Step Apprentice must be currently enrolled in a recognized Journeyman Lineman apprenticeship program that includes a minimum of three years related on-the-job training
- A Journeyman Lineman must have successfully completed a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship program that includes a minimum of three years related on-the-job training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the proper use and care of tools and equipment used in power line construction and maintenance.
- High School education or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain an OSHA-approved Digger Derrick Crane Certification for SUB’s equipment. A new employee hired without certification must pass the written certification exam within six (6) months of hire, and must complete all requirements for certification within one year of hire
- As a Journeyman Lineman, successful completion of a recognized Journeyman Lineman apprenticeship program that includes a minimum of three years related on-the-job training is required
- As a Final Step Apprentice, enrollment in a recognized Journeyman Lineman apprenticeship program which includes a minimum of three years related on-the-job training is required
- As a Final Step Apprentice, you must be able to complete all related training and hours required and pass the local IBEW 659 Journeyman Lineman test within 6 months of hire
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
The following application materials are required:
Completed SUB Application for Employment
The application can be completed online at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/.
Final Step Apprentice: Documentation of your Apprenticeship Program enrollment and apprenticeship hours completed must be included with your application packet
Journeyman Lineman: A copy of your Journeyman Ticket must be included with your application packet
SUB encourages all qualified individuals to apply. SUB is committed to cultural diversity, equity and inclusion, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including disability and veteran status.
Please mail, deliver, fax or email your application packet to:
Human Resources / P.O. Box 300 / 223 “A” Street, Suite H / Springfield, OR 97477
Office hours: Monday – Friday / 8:00am – 5:00pm
Springfield Utility Board is an independently operated municipal electric and water utility governed by a locally-elected board. Serving 25+ square miles in and around the City of Springfield, Oregon (pop. 55,000), the utility offers its customers some of the lowest water and electric rates in the Pacific Northwest. SUB is a customer-owned community resource. Like other customer-owned utilities, SUB has a three-pronged mission: to provide excellent customer service, to keep rates low and affordable, and to support the community it serves. SUB achieves this because, unlike privately held utilities which look to provide profits to investors, SUB is owned by and responsible to the people it serves. And, because SUB is an independent agency, and not a department of the city, all of the rates paid go directly back into operating the utility.
SUB is a great place to work! Our employees are valued, respected and appreciated for their skills, knowledge and the diverse backgrounds that they bring to SUB. We’re proud of our talented employees and their accomplishments to make SUB the best and most cost-effective utility we can be!
Springfield is a family-friendly community located in the south Willamette Valley and nestled between the McKenzie and Willamette Rivers, both known for excellent fishing. The Eugene-Springfield metropolitan area is easily accessible by Interstate 5 and Oregon’s second largest airport. The region is home to several colleges, including the University of Oregon, and provides activities for a wide variety of interests, including performing arts, sports, and outdoor recreation.